Thursday

Summer in Calgary - Personal Post Part 2

I'm a little behind on blogging about our summer... but here is part 2 of 3.
To read about our time in Idaho (Part 1) look HERE.

Time with my family was spent in Calgary, Alberta (below) and Sandpoint, Idaho (Part 3, coming soon) where my family has been vacationing since I was young.

During our time in Calgary I of course had to go to all my favorite eats (Vietnamese, Sushi, Chinese, Poutine, etc), eat all my favorite candy/junk food (sour soothers, big turks, cheezies, etc) *yes.. i love to eat*, and spend some mommy-daughter time getting Pedi's... but more than that - I got to spend time with my family and finally meet my newest niece and nephews.

My two older brothers and my sister all welcomed new babies in May and June, and blessed them all in our Church the Sunday we got to Calgary.  Let me just say - if 3 squishy chubby babies doesn't make you melt, there is something wrong with you!

Here are a few photos from our trip! :)

All family who came to the baby blessings...

We failed to get a family picture of just us Palmers, 
but these are my older sibs and their spouses, newest babies, and my parents.

I was in heaven snuggling these tiny little bodies! 
#palmertriplets
(sorry for the over-exposure)


Evidence we were there too!

This sweet little lady is my fiery Irish grandma. She's hilarious!

As if being with family (and new babies) isn't enough fun on its own, we also timed the trip perfectly and were able to get there in time for the Calgary Stampede.  In the 4+ years Brady and I have been married, we've never made it up to the Stampede (which is one of my favorite things to do in the summer!).  My dad's business has an annual Stampede BBQ on the first day of the Stampede that they've done every year for... a long time.  30+ years?  So we got to spend our 4th of July serving burgers and raffling off prizes in our western gear (except that Brady was sure to show his American Pride celebrating Independence Day in Canada... don't worry - I paid tribute to the holiday as well!). 



We didn't spend as much time at the Stampede as I would have liked to, but we ate greasy food, deep fried oreos, saw the chuckwagon races, and went to the Grand Stand Show. 
... and maybe did a tiny bit of gambling.


Time with family and time in Calgary just never seems long enough.

Stay tuned for the third and last post from our summer with family.
The next post highlights our trip to Sandpoint, and includes a movie I made.. so no judging!

No comments: